It’s Fathers Day this week, and you’re wondering what an earth you going to get your Dad, or your baby’s daddy?
If you know me, you’ll know I love a good ON SALE purchase! And while I have decided to create a gift cupboard, and plan gifts ahead by purchasing cleverly when sales do occur – I didn’t get around to doing it for Fathers Day this year. However, when it comes to very special people — you don’t want to just grab a gift. It must involve lots of thought and love, right? Even better if it’s on SALE!
So, we (Bruce and I) decided to put together OUR LAST MINUTE FATHERS DAY GUIDE IDEA’S.
We’ve really factored in “last minute”, what’s on special / promotion and budgets. We also couldn’t resist a few dreamy luxury gifts which of course you’ll probably find in Bruce’s “really want” category. I guess one can also dream, right? Or bank the idea’s for Birthday’s and Christmas if now is not the right time!
It took us a REALLY long time to put this together, so we would really appreciate it if you could share, comment, love & let us know if you got anything on our guide!
So, what is on Bruce’s LAST MINUTE FATHERS DAY list? Are you also looking for a beautiful gift ON SALE? We got you covered!
Let’s dive right in.
Disclaimer: No I LOVE DAD mugs found here.
We have broken the guide down into THREE CATEGORIES:
1. What’s On Sale / Promotion
- Home & Accessories
2. Some idea’s for what Bruce would love & needs
3. Extra Spoil Top up’s to add to another gift
We have linked every product to the number, as seen in the image. Please note that the numbers aren’t used for ranking purposes, and Bruce’s top wished for item could be numbered last. It’s purely for an easy reference. This is also not sponsored, but some products featured might’ve been gifted to us which Bruce loves!
1. WHAT’S ON SALE / PROMOTION
CLOTHING ON SALE
- Textured Cotton and Silk Zip Detail Funnel Neck from Woolworths. Bruce likes the zip, and its 20% off online which works out to R472.
- Sweater for only R399, but even better – buy two online of any upper or bottom mens selected Winter fleeces and get 20% off.
- Pineapple PJ sleep pants! But, head online to Woolworths and grab two sleepwear items for 35% off. Bruce has these, and he LOVES them.
- Calvin Klein Trunks (comes in a variety of colours), for sale at Edgars. Was R599,00 – Now R337,46.
- LC Waikiki – “Just Like Dad” range in store, where you can get Dad sweaters to match baby grows & kids sweaters. Our favourite is the Captain for Dad, and the crew on the kids baby grows or sweaters! I can’t seem to find it online, but head in-store. We found this at their Sandton City branch, JHB. Bruce thought this was really cool.
- Nike Legend React Running Shoes, R1499. I love the look of these, and they are pretty affordable compared to their other running shoes. They come in a variety of colours, but I think I am going to choose black for Bruce (being a Dad, and having the kids standing on his shoes all the time). He hasn’t seen these yet.
- Sweater for only R299, and yes you can get this one for extra 20% off online!
- Adidas NMD’s, NOW R1499 (50% off), on Superbalist. Bruce already has these, but he says they are SO comfortable!
TREATS ON SALE
- Le Creuset Salt & Pepper Mills are currently 20% off. The ones shown here are in black (there are so many colours to choose from) and is now R697. Was R872. Available online or in-store. In an awesome gift box, so wrapping made easy! Free delivery online.
- Le Creuset Square Skillet Grill for steaks and burgers, comes in a variety of colours and 20% off. Available in-store and online. Was R1990 and Now R1592. Free delivery online.
- Tokara Cabernet Sauvignon 750ml wine from Woolworths, and if you buy 2 you get R20 off.
- Lindt Excellence Mint Intense Dark Chocolate 100g (our favourite, but all the Lindt Excellence slabs are on sale). Normally R42.99, BUT on special for 3 for R95.
- Joseph and Joseph Chopping Board, Graphite. For the Dad that loves to chop, carve and cook – this is our favourite and we love ours! Use the promo code “dad20” for 20% off on this online with @Home.
- Nutri-Bullet for protein shakes and smoothies in the morning. Oh, and not forgetting some great sauces and marinades. R200 off at Yuppie Chef, now R1799.
- Weber Pizza Grill! The best invention ever. Also, with load shedding – this is a great idea. Grab it from Take Alot for 35% off for now R649. There are cheaper no-name options, but I mean – this is Weber! The best.
- The very best carving set on the market, in my opinion! Made by master cutlers in France, every Laguiole tool has to go through 50 quality control steps to pass inspection. How insane? Use code ‘dad10’ for 10% off and get it for just over R400. A special set for special occassions and dinners.
- Big nut boxes (variety of flavours) from Woolworths. While they are normally R79.99, you can grab 2 for R100 or if you a Wrewards Members then R95 for 2.
HOME & ACCESSORIES ON SALE
- Silicone Depot Coffee Mug, with a FREE silicone straw in a capsule. Only 30 available. Choose your coffee mug. At checkout, comment the color straw you wish to add to your combo. Choose between 7 colours: Marble, Grey, Navy, Mint, Soft pink, Lilac, Coral. This deal is excludes any other ongoing promotions. Orders close on Wednesday 12th of June to ensure parcels will be received by Friday, 14th June.
- Silicone Kitchen Utensils for the Dad that loves to cook and braai! Dad will especially love the silicone burger / steak flipping spatula, and the silicone tongs! Use code ASH101 for 20% off on the Silicone Depot Website, because there are SO many thing that Dad will love — for cooking, storing, lunch on the go at work etc. Code is active until end of June 2019, so hurry!
- Black Roll Out Toiletry Bag organiser – which Bruce would love for travelling. So organised! It’s on special for up to 25% off on toiletry bags at Woolworths. If you looking for something cheaper, then look at this Black pleather toiletry bag with two compartments on Superbalist, for now R179 (40% off).
- Ella Crystal Tumbler, R180 but buy two and save 25% at Woolworths, David Jones. How great are these for whiskey or gin?
- Adidas Gym Bag, NOW R389 – WAS R649, on Superbalist.
- Leather Belt from Superbalist on 15% Promo Offer for Fathers Day, now R211
- Sorbet Man post shave balm 30% off at Clicks, now R52,50.
- Sorbet Man Peel Off charcoal mask (three), for black heads. Because our men deserve a little mask time, too! Buy any 3 selected Sorbet Man Facial Skin Care Products and get the cheapest free. Selected Clicks stores only. Valid until 18 June 2019.
- Ficus Ginseng Tree for Dad’s work desk / office. On special at Woolworths for now R209.99.
2. REALLY WANT / WISH LIST
- Chanel Blue Perfume R1200 WAS R1500. I love this scent on Bruce! It smells different on, and its dreamy. Most mens fragrances are 20% off at Woolworths, and 20% off at Edgars (but with Edgar’s you have to buy two beauty products with one being a mens fragrance).
- Oral B Special Edition Black electric toothbrush, with an incredible travel case included. It also comes with a brush (you can purchase Oral B electric toothbush heads nearly everywhere) which I like. My husband travels a lot, so I love the travel case. I found this one at Makro.
- Haakaa South Africa 750ML Stainless Steel Thermal Drink Bottle for coffee in the Winter morning, or for travelling and road trips. It keeps your coffee warm for 6 hours! How impressive is that? R519,00. It’s also eco-friendly and beautiful looking.
- Diamond Cut Crystal Decanter. It’s just beautiful and it’s David Jones. Great for the bar, or drinks trolley. Or even in a mans study. Goes great with the glasses shown above. Its R1200 but if you buy any two drinkware items, you save 25%. Also, it’s part of their premium collection – so this is a real beauty. Or, shop around for one at Mr Price Home!
- Thule laptop backpack that converts to a laptop briefcase bag. Also great for travelling! I can’t seem to find the price, but think if you just go to a Thule store, or shop that stocks Thule! Bruce’s Thule backpack has last over seven years, but I love that this one converts. I know he is also wishing for a Thule travel wheel bag to take on board with him when travelling. He travels a lot and Thule lasts years and years.
- K-way Cape Union Mart Down Jacket in Black Charcoal, R1599. You can’t go wrong with this, it can be used in all seasons and folds up TINY. Literally an every (or nearly) outfit jacket.
- Country Road Frame with a family photo and a photo of just the kids. This one has a place for two photo’s, especially for his desk at work. Any frame will look amazing with a photo of the kids and family – it’s sentimental and the most thoughtful gift on a day like Fathers Day. Check out Mr Price Home, too!
- White Converse All Star high tops (great for Winter, too) from Sportscene for R749,95. Bruce has the classic’s and now he also wants the high tops, in white.
- Laguiole by Andre Verdier Steak Knife Set with stand, set of 6. Available on Yuppie Chef for R649,00.
- PRO VI Titleist 2019 Golf Balls from the Golfers Club (we love the Fourways branch at Design Quarter). These are the best golf balls on the market in our opinion, but they come at a pretty steep price per ball. You would literally make this Dad’s day if he’s a golfer. Granted he doesn’t lose them on the first nine holes. Look out for specials, or you can buy some great ones second hand (that have been fished out of water!)
3. EXTRA SPOIL TOP UP’S
- The Pure Beginnings Refreshing Shaving Cream with organic Aloe & Jojoba (150ml), R104.95. Also grab it at your local health shop, in store. Or other health online stores.
- Happy Socks, ON SALE for now R99 on Superbalist.
- Foam Travel Pillow for only R179 on Superbalist. This is great for the Dad that travels a lot. Mr Price home also seems to have these on sale at the moment, in-store!
- Country Road socks in store at Woolworths or Country Road Shop for R99, too. Or grab online when buying a jersey knit.
- Country Road coasters, set of four. Only R89.
- Woodford Reserve Whiskey 750ml, R599. This is a bit expensive, and maybe more of a main gift – however, it’s not something on sale (that I have seen), or that something Bruce specifically asked for on his wish list. However, it’s something that Bruce loves for a special whiskey. Grab it from Yuppie Chef, or any liquor store.
- Everything is f*cked: a book about hope. R292, and sitting at the #1 in the Exlusive Books Top 10 books at the moment. Order it online and receive it before Fathers Day with 36hr delivery.
- The Subtle Art of not giving a f*ck book, R292 from Exclusive Books. Bruce has heard good things about this, and wants to read this. It’s also in the Exclusive Books Top 10. Order it online and receive it before Fathers Day with 36hr delivery.
- Sleep skin slippers that will last years, and perfect for Winter now! R599 at Cape Union Mart. Bruce is a size uK13 and looks like they out of stock in uk13, sadly! However, they seem to have all the other sizes.
We hope this guide comes in handy! We can’t wait to find out if we’ve inspired you.
Love Ash & Bruce